Who We Are
The Liberty Company is a producer-focused, family-owned, and fiercely independent insurance services firm founded in 1987 by Chairman and CEO Bill Johnson. Licensed to operate in all 50 states, Liberty has grown consistently and, in recent years, exponentially by attracting talented and entrepreneurial people into an energetic and collaborative culture which focuses on our colleague’s happiness, well-being, and growth. Liberty has expanded nationally by partnering with agency owners and experienced producers who fit our culture, are driven by our mission of Promoting Peace of Mind with Great Care and demonstrate our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Caring, Kindness, Fairness, Teamwork, Good Feelings and Fun!
Liberty has consistently been recognized as one of the most dynamic, fastest growing companies as well as one of the best places to work in the insurance industry. Recent recognition includes Agency of the Year by Property Casualty 360 as well as best places to work recognition from Insurance Journal, Insurance Business America, the Los Angeles Business Journal, and others. The Liberty Company was recently recognized as the #1 Fastest Growing Privately Held Insurance Broker in the U.S. by the Hales Report and has been recognized for its rapid growth by Inc., and The Los Angeles Business Journal.
Liberty aims to create value and provide a positive experience for all stakeholders by managing client risks with great care, treating people with kindness, conducting business with integrity, and putting our producers and their customers ahead of short-term profit. As a company, we embrace diversity, change and welcome new voices as the best way to thrive and grow.
These are the foundational statements that guide our actions and decisions on a daily basis. They are as follows:
- Culture is a feeling.
- Remember to do your JOB – JOY OF BEING. Our intention is to create good feelings inside ourselves each day and then share those good feelings with others.
- We are here to give service to all the members of our Liberty community.
- We cultivate the entrepreneurial spirit!
- Remember that in great partnerships, consideration, and generosity are more important than money.
- Everyone can be a leader at Liberty by simply embodying our Mission, Core Values and Principles every day.
- We practice Servant Leadership. Have a mentor, be a mentor.
- Leadership is not given, it’s taken.
- When you give your best, you get the best.
- We assist our leaders to climb the five levels of leadership:
- Position (being given a title)
- Permission (leading by earning peoples respect and affection)
- Production (leading a team to achieving challenging goals while still maintaining their respect and affection)
- People development (developing other leaders)
- The Pinnacle (developing leaders who can develop leaders)
- We strive to utilize and maximize each person’s HABU (Highest And Best Use).
- Foster curiosity – ask the questions that will lead us to greatness.
- Identify the problem – focus on the solution.
- Build the organization around goals rather than tasks.
- Do what you set out to do – don’t lower the bar.
- We are an idea meritocracy – the best idea wins!
- Tend your garden every day – with love.
Philosophy and The Journey
- Practice Gratitude every day.
- Our practice is built on a goal of EXCELLENCE achieved through DAILY IMPROVEMENT.
- We challenge limiting beliefs daily – anything is possible!
- We are passionate about our business – our work is a creative endeavor!
- Feed your mind to rise up! Read, learn and educate yourself EVERY DAY.
- Practice Basic Goodness. Utilize Windhorse – achieving success effortlessly through acting virtuously.
- We do it for the FUN of it! Ring the bell!
- Integrity is everything.
- We strive for Meaningful Work and Meaningful Relationships.
- Hire people you want to spend your life with – Combining Friendship, Business and Integrity is something to be embraced, not feared.
- We practice Radical Truth and Radical Transparency – don’t hide your observations about people – but give them with kindness.
A Word From Our CEO
Our Culture In Action
Awards & Accolades
Here are some of our recent awards and accolades:
We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurial people to join our team. Does that sound like you?